Coming Home To Visitors
by Beriaearwen

Crossover: Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Sliders
Characters: Rupert Giles, Maximillion Arturo
Rating: G / suitable for all ages
Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer belong to J. Whedon, etc. The characters of Sliders belong to R. Weiss and T. Torme. All are used here without permission. No copyright infringement is intended.
Word Count: 386

Coming Home to Visitors By Beriaearwen

Giles slowly rubbed the clear glass in his glasses. He hadn’t actually needed them for several years thanks to… well… he wasn’t quite sure what, but he’d had 20/20 vision for years, since well before the collapse of Sunnydale. The glasses just made excellent camouflage, however, and he found a certain comfort in cleaning the glass.

He studied the man sitting across from him and contemplated the man’s words. It was an intriguing theory and one not entirely unlike what he’d heard before. Of course, to most, the story the man told would seem spectacular, incredible and completely unbelievable. In his life it sounded like any other Tuesday.

“I assure you, I speak the truth.”

Nodding his head slowly, Rupert took the time to think about how this individual ended up in his living room, sitting on his sofa, drinking tea. The others had just departed to their various corners of the globe, leaving him simultaneously exhausted, relieved and lonely. Just as he pulled up the drive, a brilliant light flashed off to the right.

He’d certainly had enough “real-world experience”, as Xander would say, to recognize a portal when he saw one. That one could form within the parameter of his heavily warded grounds did not please him. But the four bodies that tumbled out of the portal lay inert on his lawn. He could detect no threat from them, but quickly searched them for weapons prior to trying to rouse them. The only one who responded now sat across from him. He introduced himself as Maxamillion Arturo and between the two of them, they moved the three others into Giles’s house.

Replacing his glasses, Giles lifted his teacup and took a sip of the now tepid liquid before setting the teacup and saucer aside.

Settling back in his chair, he contemplated what he’d been told. In truth, he found it fairly typical for his life since being sent to Sunnydale. Letting out a silent sigh, he decided that normal was what you made it and to give the man the benefit of the doubt.

A low groan from the bedroom drew the attention of both men.

Rising from their seats, Giles caught the other man’s eye. “I believe you, Mr. Arturo and will do what I can to help you while you are here.”

End


To The Buffy Crossover Story Index
To the main fanfic page
Email Beriaearwen