October 2007 40 Prompts Challenge - Prompt 38: Dismiss

Catching A Break
By MMW

Disclaimer: The characters of "The Magnificent Seven" belong to MGM, Trilogy, etc and are used here without permission. No copyright infringement is intended.
Universe: M7 Weapons Control Bureau
Characters: Ezra
Rating: Suitable for all ages
Feedback: Email MMW


Catching A Break
By MMW

Ezra sat outside the office, resisting the urge to fidget. Though he had years of experience in stressful undercover situations, Ezra found himself nervous for the first time in a very long time. Normally, when undercover or in a strange situation, he had some measure of control over his situation. Today, he had none. Today he had no choice but to rely on someone else to fight this battle for him.

Glancing at his watch, he felt his stomach twist as he noticed another hour had passed.

Just as he reached his limit of patience, the door to the office opened and his lawyer stepped out. Meeting the very serious look on the other man's face, Ezra's usual eloquence eluded him. "Well? Did she dismiss the charges?"

"Your neighbor actually agreed to drop the charges, but you need to take your dog to obedience school or next time she won't be so forgiving," his lawyer informed.

Feeling as if a heavy weight had been lifted, Ezra offered the man a brilliant smile before shaking his hand in thanks and relief.

End


To MMW's 40 Prompts Challenge
To MMW's Alphabetic Story Index
To MMW's Stories By Character Index
To MMW's Recent Updates page
Email MMW