Interlude

By Sunni

 

She gave a heavy sigh, leaning her weary body against the cool of the kitchen counter as she stared out the window at nothing and wondered what Meredith was doing that very moment. Her friend was out there in the world, in pain and when she thought about the whole situation she felt sad and incredibly helpless.

Meredith had made her promise not to tell anyone else that she had visited the other night and what had happened at the Saloon. And a promise to a friend was an oath could never be broken. The worst part though, was that wasn't the only secret she had to keep. But Meredith's was the one that had her attention right now.

Meredith had become one of her best friends since she first started dating Ezra. They had formed a common bond in their love for the two ATF agents who were more alike then they would admit. She knew that if anyone understand her situation with Ezra…it was Meredith.  And she would do whatever she could do to help Vin and Meredith's romance as well.

Heading into her office, she sat down at the computer and brought up her email.

To: Mystrylady@youhu.com
From: bttrfly@zensearch.net

Subject: Please promise!!

"OK, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone I visited Denver. You have to promise me, because this is important. Something is going to happen. I can just feel it. And I'm scared this is the end of Vin and I. I'm living my life second by second, not sure if I'm really living or slowly dying. But I can't fight for someone who doesn't seem to remember that I exist.

I just realized that you do not have my regular email addy, so here it is.  Email me when you have a moment.  I miss you.
Meredith


Sighing, her heart broke into tiny pieces as she read the email. She wish she could sweep her friend into a comforting hug, but email would just have to do. 

To: bttrfly@zensearch.net
From: Mystrylady@youhu.com

Subject: Important! Please READ!

Hi Meredith,
I am so glad you emailed me! I have been going crazy waiting for you to contact me.

Vin was undercover that night.  I didn't know, Ezra didn't know. Apparently it was all set up very quickly.  That --- woman with Vin is apparently a perp --- her name is Dre or something creepy like that, and they are working to take her and the rest of her gang down. Vin is not interested in her, in fact, he is really upset.  He keeps asking me if I have heard from you. 
What do you want me to tell him? 
Meredith, he looks terrible --- and Ezra is afraid he is going to get hurt if he doesn't get his mind back on the undercover job.  You have to let me tell him you are OK at least.  Or email him yourself.
He loves you.  Of this I am sure.  He is just a typically man and needs to be knocked upside the head.  I am thinking what happened the other night was the blow he needed.

You know no matter what happens, I'm always here for you. I love you, girlfriend! We all do.  All you need is let us know what we can do to help.

Just let me know what you want me to do regarding Vin. But I think you should email him and let him tell you himself what is up.  I won't say a word until I hear back from you, I will honour my promise.

  Oh, speaking of knocking someone upside the head --- it worked!  Ezra was freaked out on Saturday especially when I kept mentioning 'what he did.' LOL.
I finally told him nothing happened. But now he is miffed that nothing happened!
MEN!  However, it does have him paying a bit more attention to me --- but I am playing cool and aloof.

So when are you coming home?  I need some more ideas to torture Ezra with!
<WEG>
Later my friend,
ME


As she sent the email off, she heard her a knock at her door. Answering it she looked up into the deep, enchanting eyes of her captivating lover. Those emerald eyes that glowed with a promise she didn't dare believe.

"Why are you here?"

She was greeted with a warm, hypnotic smile.

"Actually," he whispered lowly, bending to whisper in her ear "I was wondering that myself." He pulled away slightly, showering her in that sly, mystifying grin of his. He toyed with a loose strand of hair, his finger outlining her jaw and she felt the electrified tingles to her spine. 

"Might I enter, darling?" the soft texture of his voice asked.

Captivated, she willing placed her petite hand in his large one. The laughter that danced joyfully in his eyes captured her, leaving her weak to her knees and toes. He stepped in and pulled her into his arms, kicking the door shut behind him.  As he lowered his head for a kiss, she heard the chime sound from her computer, signaling the arrival of an email---

 

On To Sunrise |  Back To Mad Lib Story Index