Professor Moriarity
By Beriaearwen

Disclaimer: The characters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer belong to J Whedon, etc The Characters from Sherlock Holmes were created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. All are used here without permission. No copyright infringement intended.
Crossover: Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Sherlock Holmes
Characters: Dawn, Professor Moriarity
Rating: PG-13 suitable for people over 13
Word Count: 370

Professor Moriarity
By Beriaearwen

Giles was going to kill her.

There were no two ways about it And when her sister found out what she did, there would be no safe pace for Dawn Summers.

Yes, in a total Andrew like moment, she managed something on-par with even the worst Scoobie screw-ups. The fact she had managed it in the midst of one of the most heavily fortified, guarded and warded places in the world would not “wow” her audience.

As it was, she'd be lucky to be off punishment by the time she was eighty.

Sitting here waiting silently with his beady eyes staring at her, she couldn't help but feel exposed. After all, the man across from her was reputed to be one of the smartest villains in all of the fictional world – on par with Brainiac, even. And, oh God, dd she need to stop spending time with Andrew.

“Can I pour you some more tea while we wait?” she asked, noticing his nearly empty cuup. At least she could show him some slight hospitality. Thank goodness Saly never asked questions. This would most likely make the rounds before the end of the day. There was no reason to encourage it.

“Thank you, my dear,” he replied.

When they were once more seated with their respective teas, he spoke again. I find myself curious as to what is making you more nervous, sitting across from me, knowing what you think you know, or the anticipation of your co-workers response to discovering you've managed to bring a purported criminal mastermind into your world and, if I'm not mistaken, and I know I am not, one of the most secure places therein.”

Dawn felt momentary thanks that she had placed her teacup on the table when he started talking. Had she not done so, she felt certain it would have shattered. “How... How...”

“How did I know?” A knowing smile curved his lips as he maintained eye contact. “Shall you tel her, Ripper, or shall I?”

Spinning towar the door, Dawn saw Giles standing in the frame, a fond smile on his lips. “Professor Moriarity,” he greeted, entering Dawn's office. “A pleasure as always.”

End


To The Buffy Crossover Story Index
To the main fanfic page
Email Beriaearwen