Waiting Room
By Beriaearwen

Crossover: Buffy the Vampire Slayer / Lord Of The Rings
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer belongs to J. Whedon, etc. The Lord of the Rings belongs to J. R. R. Tolkien, etc. All characters and locations are used here without permission. No copyright infringement is intended.
Characters: Tara, Namo
Rating: G - suitable for everyone
Word Count: 395
Note: For those who don't know, Namo is the Vala in charge of the Halls Of Mandos, where the Eldar go when they die.

Waiting Room
By Beriaearwen

Slowly Tara felt herself become aware. Normally she would say she woke up, but this felt different.

“Open your eyes, little one” a deep voice spoke.

Blinking, Tara found herself staring into one of the most beautiful faces she’d ever seen. Her eyes slid away as she took in her surroundings. While looking at a scene on one of the tapestries, her most recent memories returned.

With a gasp, she sat up, clutching at her chest. She could still imagine the pain of the bullet and the flow of blood.

“Calm yourself. You are well,” the same soothing voice advised.

Closing her eyes and attempting to center herself, she soon felt the panic fall away. Opening her eyes once more, she glanced quickly around the room and then up at the person beside her. Confusion and her own innate shyness seemed to overwhelm her. “Where…? How…? Who…?”

The beautiful creature smiled at her, stealing the few words and coherent thoughts she had. “All very good questions. They will be answered fully in time. For now, know that you are safe here. You are in the Halls of Mandos. My name is Namo and my wife whom you will meet shortly is Vaire. As for how you got here that is a much more complex problem.”

“I-I re-remember being sh-shot,” she stuttered. “I think I died.”

“Yes, you did.”

“Then… I don’t understand. I’ve never heard of a place like this.”

“Of course you haven’t. It doesn’t exist on your world,” Namo informed. “You see, you weren’t meant to die when you did. You weren’t supposed to die until the dagnir… your slayer returned to her reward.”

“We did a horrible thing,” she whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

“Yes, but you did it unknowingly and your good acts and potential good acts outweighed it. However, for your part in the ceremony, you can not reach your true reward until the one you wronged has once again achieved hers.”

“S-so this is…?” she trailed off confused.

“Think of it as a place to wait. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to see to a few things. I’ve asked a few people to come by and explain more of our land and this place.”

Tara nodded, too overwhelmed to do anything else.

End


To The Buffy Crossover Story Index
To the main fanfic page
Email Beriaearwen