40 Propmts Challenge - Prompt 27: Caring - Little Britches Dungeons And Dragons

Checking Up
By MMW

Disclaimer: The characters of "The Magnificent Seven" belong to MGM, Trilogy, etc. and are used here without permission. No copyright infringement is inteded.
Universe: Little Britches Dungeons and Dragons
Characters: Josiah, Maude
Rating: Suitable for all ages
Feedback: Email MMW


Checking Up
By MMW

Josiah opened the door and did his best to hide his surprise. “Good morning, Lady Maude. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit.”

Briefly meeting the man's eyes before allowing her gaze to sweep around the cluttered room behind him, she replied, “Good morning to you too. I just came by to make sure you're caring properly for my son and to see if he needs anything.”

As attractive as he found the woman in front of him, Josiah couldn't say he ever found her particularly maternal. In fact, last time she showed up, Maude tried to take Ezra away so she could present as a loving, caring mother. Looking at her now, he could see that, in her own way, Maud did care for Ezra, Unfortunately, Maude wasn't what the boy needed. “Ezra's doing well. He's currently out playing with JD and Vin. As for providing for him, we're able to take care of all the boys quite well.”

The two stood in silence for a moment before Josiah offered, “Would you like to come in and wait for him?”

Maude started at this, allowing longing to show in her eyes for a moment before she quickly covered it. “No, we were just passing through and I thought I'd see if he needed anything. But we must be going if we're to reach our next stopping point before dark Good day, Josiah.”

“Good day, lady,” Josiah returned with a short bow, watching the beautiful blonde turn and reenter her carriage.

End


To MMW's 40 Prompts Table
To MMW's Alphabetic Story Index
To MMW's Story By Character Index
To MMW's Story Updates Page
Email MMW