The Magnificent Seven - Little Britches Dungeons & Dragons

Did He Just Say Frolic - 2
By MMW

Disclaimer: Without Prejudice. The names of all characters contained here-in are the property of John Watson, MGM, Trilogy, etc., no infringements of these copyrights are intended, and are used here without permission.
Challenge: Short Fic Challenge - use the phrase "Did he just say frolic?" in a short fic
Note: This is the second of three answers to this challenge. The other two are in different AU's.
Universe: Little Britches Dungeons & Dragons
Rating: FRC
Feedback: To MMW


Did He Just Say Frolic - 2
By MMW

Josiah watched as Chris walked over to the door and stared out of it for several minutes. A smile appeared on the wizard’s face. He knew the boys and Buck were late, but he also knew they would be fin in Buck’s hands. Chris was worrying, though. He didn’t like it when people were late. "They’ll be here, Chris," he soothed. "Just calm down."

Chris scowled at Josiah and stalked back into the room where he once more took up sharpening the edge of his sword. After several minutes, both men heard voices approaching. Rushing to the door, Chris felt as if a weight had been lifted when he spotted Buck, Nathan, Ezra, Vin and JD on their way back to the keep. The mercenary smiled slightly when he heard a sigh emanate from Josiah who was right by his shoulder. Apparently Chris wasn’t the only one who had been worried.

As the group approached, Chris smile faded a little. The boys and the men were covered in dirt and grass. As they got closer, Chris set aside his concerns as Vin’s beaming face looked at him. Unable to stop the smile that grew, Chris allowed his love for the young half-elf to shine through his eyes as Vin ran up to his dad.

Throwing his arms around Chris, Vin almost giggled with joy when his hug was returned. Releasing the man who had become his father, Vin looked up and smiled when he saw the unconditional love in the green eyes.

"What did you learn today?" Chris asked, wondering at the sparkling eyes of his boy.

"We learned all sorts of things," Vin said excitedly, talking uncharacteristically fast. "We learned all sorts of plants and what to eat and what not to eat and what can help make you feel better and we learned some games and we learned to frolic and how to hold a sword and..."

Chris laughed softly and placed a hand over his son’s mouth. "Take a breath, Vin," he smiled. He was rewarded with a giggle. "Why don’t you and the others go get washed up," he suggested.

"OK," Vin agreed turning and calling," C’mon Ez, JD. Let’s get cleaned up for dinner!"

As Buck and Nathan approached Chris, the blond looked at them and shook his head. Then, capturing Nathan’s eyes, he asked the healer, "Did he just say frolic?"

Nathan laughed and clapped Chris on the shoulder. "That ain’t the half of it," he admitted, shaking his head.


Back to The Magnificent Seven Little Britches AUs Fanfic page
Back to The Magnificent Seven Fanfic Main Page
Email MMW