The Magnificent Seven

Did He Just Say Frolic - 1
By MMW

Disclaimer: Without Prejudice. The names of all characters contained here-in are the property of John Watson, MGM, Trilogy, etc., no infringements of these copyrights are intended, and are used here without permission.
Challenge: Short Fic Challenge - use the phrase "Did he just say frolic?" in a short fic
Note: This is the first of three answers to this challenge. The other two are in different AU's.
Universe: Old West
Rating: FRC
Feedback: To MMW


Did He Just Say Frolic -1
By MMW

Chris sat inside the jail and suppressed a moan. His head was throbbing and nothing helped - not Nathan’s potions, not sleep, not the dark, not the cool - nothing. It was almost unbearable. He could understand his head hurting like this if he was sick or had been drinking, but he’d been doing neither. He just wanted it to go away.

A sound outside caught his attention and his head began pounding harder. Allowing a whimper to escape, Chris managed to open his eyes a slit as Ezra, Buck and JD came through the door, chatting loudly. In fact, Chris would swear they were shouting at each other.

"Oh, hey Chris!" Buck greeted.

"Shhh," was all Chris managed.

"Are you alright, Mr. Larabee?" Ezra inquired seeing the lines of pain on the gunslinger’s face.

"No," Chris admitted through gritted teeth.

"Maybe you just need us to help take your mind off things," JD suggested brightly.

"Hey! That’s a great idea," Buck agreed.

Chris stared at them as much as he could through mostly closed eyes. "No," he insisted. "Go away. Go outside and walk, talk, ride, frolic... I really don’t care. Just leave me alone."

The three men looked solemnly at their leader. Chris really didn’t look well. Deciding to accede to this wishes, the trio headed out the door.

Allowing his eyes to close one more time, Chris heard Buck ask, "Did he just say frolic?"


Back to The Magnificent Seven Old West Fanfic page
Back to The Magnificent Seven Fanfic Main Page
Email MMW