40 Prompts Challenge - Prompt 6: Prowl - Old West

Caught
By MMW

Disclaimer: The characters of "The Magnificent Seven belong to MGM, Trilogy, etc and are used here without permission. No copyright infringement is intended.
Universe: Old West
Characters: Vin
Rating: Suitable for all ages
Feedback: Email MMW


Caught
By MMW

"Do you think we finally got away from them?" Clem asked from his position crouched behind a boulder.

"I saw the healer and gambler stay back in town to help people. We only had the other five after us. I'm pretty sure we hit the big one while we were riding, but that leaves the kid, the cowboy, Larabee and Tanner out there," Lem replied.

"Cowboy?"

"Uh... Buck something."

"But we're safe up here, right?"

"I suppose so, but there are tales about Tanner, about how he stayed with the indians and learned to prowl around from a cat. They say you can't hear him coming until it's too late, and then you're best off begging for your life, 'cause if you don't... Well, let's just say it ain't pretty."

"Is that what they're saying?" a strange voice asked.

Eyes growing wide with fear, the two outlaws slowly lifted their heads to find themselves looking up at a man clad in a buckskin jacket and holding a sawed-off rifle. Turning toward each other, they swallowed in fear, dropped their guns and raised their hands.

End


To MMW's 40 Prompt Challenge Page
To MMW's Alphabetic Story Index
To MMW's Story Index by Character
To MMW's Story Update Page
Email MMW