Meredith's Magnificent Seven Insta-fics

Anything But That!

Disclaimer: The Magnificent Seven belong to MGM, Trilogy, etc. LB was created by JK Poffenberger and S. Berry.
Author's Note: Just a short little scene that came to mind regarding some of the changes Buck and Chris would have needed to make in order to be good examples for Vin and JD.
Universe: Any LB universe will do
Characters: Chris, Buck


Anything But That!
By MMW

Chris nearly laughed at the look of horror on Buck's face, but he knew it if he allowed his mirth to show, it would be a grave tactical error. No, he had to maintain a serious countenance. This was important. "Oh, yeah," he assured. "I'm very serious." Looking directly into his best friend's blue eyes, he continued, "Those two boys look up to you, admire you and will imitate what you do. JD absorbs everything you tell him, so does Vin. Those boys want to be just like you and just like me."

"But... but, Chris!" Buck cried in horror, unable to believe what his oldest friend was asking of him. "You can't... I won't... Anything but that!"

Chris folded his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow, showing how seriously he took this. "Oh, no, Buck. I'm dead serious." Seeing Buck beginning to wilt and knowing his friend would agree soon, Larabee sighed, softened his stance and rested a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Look, Buck," he soothed, "I know it's asking a lot. I know what a sacrifice it is for you, but we've got to do everything in our power to set a good example for the boys." Seeing the forlorn blue eyes turn to meet his, Chris sighed. "Don't worry," he assured, "I'll know what you've given up to do this and I appreciate it."

Buck hung his head and sighed. Looking back up into the eyes of his oldest friend he asked one more time, "You're absolutely sure?" Seeing the seriousness in the green eyes, he sighed and let his own find the floor once more. "Alright," he agreed reluctantly, "I'll start eating my vegetables."

The End


Feedback to MMW
Back to Meredith's Magnificent Seven Insta-fic Main Page
Back to Meredith's Magnificent Seven Main Page