The Magnificent Seven - ATF Instafic

Break Time On A Snowy Day
By MMW

Disclaimer: The characters of "The Magnificent Seven" belong to MGM, Trilogy, etc and are used here without permission. No copyright infringement is intended.
Universe: ATF
Rating: FRC
Characters: Chris, Vin
Feedback: To MMW


Break Time On A Snowy Day
By MMW

Chris leaned back in his chair as he watched the rapid snowfall outside. It should be one of the last blizzards of the season. Turning from the window he looked at the nearly empty office outside his door. Though only three o’clock in the afternoon, the rest of Team Seven, and nearly all the rest of the building had left early due to the heavy snowfall expected.

Outside of his office flickered one lone computer, a highly frustrated Texan cursing at it.

Chris sighed. As Team Leader he had ordered that his men had to finish their reports before they could leave. His own report had been finished by noon. As Vin’s friend, he had decided to stay to offer what support he could.

Seeing his friend shove his keyboard across his desk and release a growl of frustration, Chris knew the time had come for him to intervene. He just wished he knew what to do.

Turning back to the window, he watched as a car attempt to navigate the empty street outside. A mischievous grin lit his face. He knew exactly what to do. True, it had been a long time since he’d done it. In fact, the last time was back in Indiana when he was in high school, but Vin would probably enjoy it anyway.

His decision made. Chris stood and slipped into his coat. Walking into the outer room, he stood next to his friend who was sitting in his chair, elbows on his knees, head buried in his hands. “Time for a break, Tanner. Get your coat on,” he commanded, unable to suppress the grin as the startled blue eyes looked up.

Vin released a sigh of relief. He desperately needed a break and he wasn’t about to question the opportunity. Grabbing his coat as he stood, he slipped it on as he followed Larabee down the hall to the elevators. “So, where are we going?” he asked as the elevator doors slid open.

Stepping into the life, Chris’ grin widened and his green eyes sparkled as he responded with one word, “Donuts.”

~~End~~

** for those of you from non-snowy climes, a donut is something you do with your car in a snow-covered open space – like a parking lot or field. Basically, you drive your car and pull the steering wheel hard causing the back end of your car to swing around in a 360 degree arc leaving a donut-shaped track behind. Someone else may be able to explain it better, but that’s the best I can do for now**


To Instafic Homepage
To the ATF Homepage
To the Alphabetic Story Index
To The Magnificent Seven Homepage
Email MMW